Friday, November 10, 2006

the record pants

While we're on the subject of records, I would like to
alert you all to the personal record Sisko has set.
More monumental even than last April, when he went 30
days without seminal release, and grander even than
breaking the world record for standing on one foot
with eyes closed, which Rick captured on videotape in
Chicago.

That's right, I've gone 45 days wearing the same pair
of pants.

To answer some commonly asked questions about The
Streak (no puns please):

1. Yes, I wash the pants from time to time.

2. They are a pair of khaki slacks, several sizes too
large. I bought them for $3 in New York. They are held
up with a piece of white string I found somewhere.

3. Four ladies have had a chance to complain during the pants-removal process but have not.

4. I have worn them from France to the 3-week family
reunion in Denmark, back to France, to Vermont and New
York and the business trip to Atlanta. No complaints
from the public yet.

Now The Streak is in danger of being broken. The
washing machine in the apartment where I'm staying is
dead, and I found a pair of jeans in my car that I'm
considering wearing. But I wanted to give you guys a
chance to lobby for The Streak, and if the public
demands it I will continue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home